[socialpsy-teach] TSP Newsletter addendum

[socialpsy-teach] TSP Newsletter addendum

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 11:30:01 -0500
From: Jon Mueller <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [socialpsy-teach] TSP Newsletter addendum

This might be the fastest addendum I've sent out, but I just learned about a cool video
technique right after I sent out today's issue.

I've always wanted to be able to have a link go directly to a specific point in a
video.  Some techniques for doing that in the past are no longer possible.  So, what I
learned today, and I'm sure some of you know about, is that you can create such links
for YouTube videos at

http://youtubetime.com/

You just copy and paste your YouTube video URL into the box on the YouTube Time page,
indicate when you want the link to start in your video, and it will create a new link
for you.   For example, if I want a link to the inattentional blindness demonstration
in the How You Really Make Decisions video I sent you today, I just set the video to
start at 9:32 and it create this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ha34Vu1zZo&t=9m32s

Or, you can just do what the YouTube Time site does and add &t=9m32s to the end of the
YouTube URL you want to link to, filling in the correct minute and seconds.

I hope this makes sense.

Jon

Jon Mueller

Professor of Psychology