UNITED STATES: CHESAPEAKE BAY: HISTORY: ANTHROPOLOGY: Forensic Files

UNITED STATES: CHESAPEAKE BAY: HISTORY: ANTHROPOLOGY: Forensic Files

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:56:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: David P. Dillard <[hidden email]>
To: Temple University Net-Gold Archive <[hidden email]>,
     Temple Gold Discussion Group <[hidden email]>,
     Net-Gold <[hidden email]>,
     Educator Gold <[hidden email]>,
     Educator Gold <[hidden email]>,
     Net-Gold At JIGLU <[hidden email]>,
     K12AdminLIFE <[hidden email]>,
     Educator Gold <[hidden email]>,
     Net-Platinum <[hidden email]>,
     "Net-Gold @ Nabble" <[hidden email]>
Subject: UNITED STATES:  CHESAPEAKE BAY:  HISTORY:  ANTHROPOLOGY:  Forensic
     Files

.

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:39:29 EDT
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
     Files

UNITED STATES:  CHESAPEAKE BAY:  HISTORY:
ANTHROPOLOGY:  Forensic Files

Written in Bone: Forensic Files of the 17th-Century Chesapeake
http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/index.html

Written in Bone examines history through 17th-century bone
biographies, including those of colonists teetering on the edge
of survival at Jamestown, Virginia, and those living in the
wealthy and well-established settlement of St. Mary's City,
Maryland.

The forensic investigation of human skeletons provides intriguing
information on people and events of America's past. No other
inanimate objects make us feel the same passionate curiosity
as the remains of once-living, breathing individuals like us. And
nothing else can answer our questions in quite the same ways.

At no other time in our history have we had the technological
capability or opportunity now available to help us tell this tale.
Explore the history and science behind the investigation as we
learn for the first time the intimate stories of America's early
colonists.

Skeleton Keys
Bone Basics
Bone Biographies
Today's Bones

Unearthing the 17th Century Chesapeake
Finding the Evidence
The First Colonists
Difficult Lives
Africans in the Chesapeake
Living and Dying in America

Forensic Anthropology
Forensic Anthropology at the Smithsonian
Forensic Facial Reconstruction
Becoming a Forensic Anthropologist

Forensic Files
Webcomic