Re: [SportMed] SPORTS MEDICINE : SPORTS INJURIES : MEDICAL: ORTHOPEDIC MEDICINE : MEDICAL: DISEASES : ORGANIZATIONS : MEDICAL: SURGERY: The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 23:26:04 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [SportMed] SPORTS MEDICINE : SPORTS INJURIES : MEDICAL: ORTHOPEDIC
     MEDICINE : MEDICAL: DISEASES : ORGANIZATIONS : MEDICAL: SURGERY: The
     American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons

Hi can someone please tell me what are the natural ways to avoid
dehydration related injuries. Like i have noticed that despite drinking
lots of water i tend to get muscle cramps much earlier than my team mates.
Moreover, are there pills or drinks which would help me avoid
this?Drinking a lot of water and Gatorate does ot seem to work for me,
although for some of my friends it tends to be enough.  _._,_._,_

This post came in on the Groups.IO Sport-Med Discussion Group.

This discussion group network is here to provide medical, sports and other
information from published news reports, books, journal and trade press
articles and links to videos.  We cannot practice medicine unless someone
in the medical field resides on one of the lists in this group or on the
Public Health list.

That being said, the vast difference you experience from water intake when
participating in active exercise and sports from your colleagues may
point to a medical problem and should be checked out by appropriate
medical practitioners.

In the meantime here are links to database search results about thirst,
exercise, and water or electrolyte drinks from several databases to help
guide your thinking.

Search Strategy

(thirst OR thirstiness OR dryness OR absorption) AND (exercising OR
exercises OR "intense activity" OR "intense exertion" OR "sports
participation" OR "sports activities") AND ("water intake" OR electrolytes
OR quenching OR satisfying) [Thirst Quenching After Exercise Problems]

Google Scholar

http://goo.gl/ZVF7P1

.

Google Books

http://goo.gl/QtcnLn

.

Penn State Summon Search

http://goo.gl/aGXdvB

.

TRIP Database

http://goo.gl/oaZtt8

.

Google Domain Limited Web Search (PUBMED)

http://goo.gl/xK6KST

Google Domain Limited Web Search (SCIENCEDIRECT)

http://goo.gl/GWGe4G

WEBBIB1718

http://tinyurl.com/y8j5gj6m