RESEARCH GUIDES ARCHIVE : ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY : RUSSELL CONWELL GUIDE SERIES : GUIDE TITLE: GUIDE SECTION How to Create an Annotated Bibliography : GUIDE SECTION : How to Write or Prepare an Annotated Bibliography

RESEARCH GUIDES ARCHIVE : ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY : RUSSELL CONWELL GUIDE SERIES : GUIDE TITLE: GUIDE SECTION How to Create an Annotated Bibliography : GUIDE SECTION : How to Write or Prepare an Annotated Bibliography

*

*

RESEARCH GUIDES ARCHIVE :
ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY :
RUSSELL CONWELL GUIDE SERIES :
GUIDE TITLE:
How to Create an Annotated Bibliography :
GUIDE SECTION :
How to Write or Prepare an Annotated Bibliography

*

*

How to Write or Prepare an Annotated Bibliography

A Selected Resource List for Producing and Formatting an Annotated Bibliography

WRITING AND WRITERS:
RESEARCH AND SOURCE LOCATION TECHNIQUES :
RESEARCH: ATTRIBUTION AND DOCUMENTATION:
A Selected Resource List for Producing and Formatting an Annotated Bibliography

http://tinyurl.com/kjy23q8

*

"The bibliographic information: Generally, though, the bibliographic
information of the source (the title, author, publisher, date, etc.) is
written in either MLA or APA format. For more help with formatting, see
our MLA handout. For APA, go here: APA handout.

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/

*

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/

*

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/

*

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/

*

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/02/

*

How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography
Tags: bibliography, citation_formats, research
Cornell University Library Guides
Olin Library Reference
Research & Learning Services
Cornell University Library
Ithaca, NY, USA

"CRITICALLY APPRAISING THE BOOK, ARTICLE, OR DOCUMENT"
For guidance in critically appraising and analyzing the sources for your
bibliography, see
"How to Critically Analyze Information Sources."

http://guides.library.cornell.edu/annotatedbibliography

*

http://guides.library.cornell.edu/criticallyanalyzing

*

Writing an Annotated Bibliography. Lucy Scribner Library

Writing an Annotated Bibliography
Lucy Scribner Library

What is an annotated bibliography?
What is the purpose of an annotated bibliography?
Organization of an annotated bibliography
Annotations vs. Abstracts
Elements of an annotation
Structure of an annotation
Citation format
Examples of an annotated bibliograhy entry
Links to annotated bibliographies on the web
Examples of book length annotated bibliographies at Scribner Library

http://lib.skidmore.edu/library/index.php/li371-annotated-bib

*

http://tinyurl.com/lzjghaa

*

The Writing Center at UNC Chapel Hill. Annotated Bibliographies

http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/annotated-bibliographies/

The Writing Center at UNC Chapel Hill
Annotated Bibliographies

"One of the reasons behind citing sources and compiling a general
bibliography is so that you can prove you have done some valid research to
back up your argument and claims. Readers can refer to a citation in your
bibliography and then go look up the material themselves. When inspired by
your text or your argument, interested researchers can access your
resources. They may wish to double check a claim or interpretation you've
made, or they may simply wish to continue researching according to their
interests. But think about it: even though a bibliography provides a list
of research sources of all types that includes publishing information, how
much does that really tell a researcher or reader about the sources
themselves?

http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/annotated-bibliographies/

An annotated bibliography provides specific information about each source
you have used. As a researcher, you have become an expert on your topic:
you have the ability to explain the content of your sources, assess their
usefulness, and share this information with others who may be less
familiar with them."

http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/annotated-bibliographies/

*

The Writer's Handbook
The Writing Center
University of Wisconsin
Annotated Bibliography

How do I format the bibliographical citations?
What goes into the content of the annotations?
Which writing style should I use in the annotations?
How can I get additional information?

http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/AnnotatedBibliography.html

*

How to Write an Annotated Bibliography
What is an annotated bibliography?

An annotated bibliography or annotated bib is a bibliography (a list of books or other works)
that includes descriptive and evaluative comments
about the sources cited in your paper.
These comments are also known as annotations.
How do I format my annotated bibliography?
An annotated bibliography entry consists of two components: the Citation and the Annotation.
Simon Fraser University Library

http://www.lib.sfu.ca/help/writing/annotated-bibliography

*

How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography

Concordia University Libraries

Addtional sources for preparing annotated bibliographies
The Chicago Manual of Style
Gibaldi, Joseph.
MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers,
Harner, James L.
On Compiling an Annotated Bibliography,
Publication Manual of the
American Psychological Association
Turabian, Kate L. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations

http://library.concordia.ca/help/howto/annotatedbibliog.php

*

Creating APA Style Annotated Bibliographies
Bethel University

Contents
1.
Guidelines
2.
Sample Annotated Bibliography
3.
Sample
Standard Reference List/Bibliography

http://www.bethel.edu/library/research/apa-annobib-sixth.pdf

*

How to Write an Annotated Bibliography
University of Maryland Libraries

Types of annotated bibliographies
There are two major types of annotated bibliographies:
Descriptive or informative
Analytical or critical

http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/bibliography_tutorial.cfm

*

http://guides.library.ucsc.edu/write-an-annotated-bibliography

*

https://sites.google.com/site/generalinternetprintresources/Home/periodicals-abbreviations

Annotated Bibliography from Google Scholar

http://tinyurl.com/ksq88xk

ALSO

Annotated Bibliography from Google Scholar

http://tinyurl.com/po3yuv6

*

http://tinyurl.com/l5run8s

ALSO

Annotated Bibliography from Google Books

http://tinyurl.com/mo7s28t

*

ALSO

Annotated Bibliography from Google Images

http://tinyurl.com/nq3d5g2

http://tinyurl.com/lb5cone

http://tinyurl.com/k5ylwvw
*

http://tinyurl.com/k5vxbhq

*

http://tinyurl.com/ny28x75

http://tinyurl.com/kph7y53

http://tinyurl.com/k6hp9t4

http://tinyurl.com/k3vavkr

http://tinyurl.com/mzv7zwe

About 1,050,000 results

http://tinyurl.com/mdr487t

*

"annotated bibliography" AND ("how to" OR guidelines OR "best practices" OR handbook OR guide OR "best methods" OR instruction OR methods)

Finds 128 Sources with this search. Contrast this with Google Domain Limited search with SITE: PUMED that indicates over one million found sources.

http://tinyurl.com/k5ylwvw

*

183,017 results

Source Type

Archival Material (46) Include Exclude
Audio Recording (6) Include Exclude
Book / eBook (106,952) Include Exclude
Book Chapter (3,208) Include Exclude
Book Review (12,714) Include Exclude
Conference Proceeding (515) Include Exclude
Data Set (1) Include Exclude
Database (1) Include Exclude
Dissertation/Thesis (8,557) Include Exclude
Electronic Resource (4) Include Exclude
Government Document (1,869) Include Exclude
Image (1) Include Exclude
Journal / eJournal (16) Include Exclude
Journal Article (40,581) Include Exclude
Kit (1) Include Exclude
Library Holding (2) Include Exclude
Magazine (2) Include Exclude
Magazine Article (1,412) Include Exclude
Manuscript (831) Include Exclude
Microform (19) Include Exclude
Newsletter (134) Include Exclude
Newspaper (13) Include Exclude
Newspaper Article (2,048) Include Exclude
Pamphlet (3) Include Exclude
Paper (58) Include Exclude
Patent (17) Include Exclude
Poster (1) Include Exclude
Presentation (1) Include Exclude
Publication (29) Include Exclude
Publication Article (9) Include Exclude
Reference (4,813) Include Exclude
Report (389) Include Exclude
Research Guide (2,652) Include Exclude
Special Collection (11) Include Exclude
Standard (4) Include Exclude
Student Thesis (2) Include Exclude
Technical Report (304) Include Exclude
Trade Publication Article (371) Include Exclude
Transcript (6) Include Exclude
Video Recording (10) Include Exclude
Web Resource (130) Include Exclude

http://tinyurl.com/nzdu9p8

*

STATISTICS :
RESEARCH GUIDES :
How to Use the United States Government Agency Section
of the Statistics Resources Research Guide for Statistical Data Sources
for Specific Topic Searches

Finding and using statistical sources is a challenge for most students and many researchers. Finding government statistical sources are even more of a befuddlement. Requests for govenment information, let alone statistics, have dwindled in recent years in live reference situations. Providing a tool that shows, agency by agency, where government statistics hide in a group of links to database search results contributes to statistical literacy and to information literacy for government statistical sources and to the uses for government statistics.

Even though the actual publications found in these searches are not free, all of the databases used are. Over fifty government agencies of the United States federal government are now included and this is a work in progress as is the entire statistics resource guide. United States government agencies do provide statistical data for other countries.

Many teachers tell students not to use Google for serious research as I religiously did until October 2014 when I saw one web address on the MedLib-L discussion group. I have no idea what the post was about, I just noticed one web address and as the lesson evolved, I started joining the students rather than trying to change them in regards to using Google Web Search as part of my database searching research tool.

            http://tinyurl.com/zohcf49

WEBBIB1718

http://tinyurl.com/y8j5gj6m

Sincerely,