[Net-Gold] CKLB-FM 101.9 Native Communications Society of the Northwest Territories Canada

[Net-Gold] CKLB-FM 101.9 Native Communications Society of the Northwest Territories Canada

Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:14:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Lessard <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Net-Gold] CKLB-FM 101.9 Native Communications Society of the Northwest
           Territories Canada

.

CKLB-FM 101.9 Native Communications
Society of the Northwest Territories Canada

<http://www.ncsnwt.com/>

Under the mandate of the Native Communications
Society of the Northwest Territories (NCS NWT),
we deliver aboriginal language services to 30
different communities and three diamond mines.

The First Peoples of the North have historically
relied on oral traditions to pass on stories,
culture and information. NCS continues to
reinforce the oral traditions of the past by
using the technologies of today to bring CKLB-FM
101.9 to all the communities of the NWT and
beyond.

CKLB radio has formed a strong personal
relationship with the people of
the NWT since it conception in 1982.

Northerners start and complete their day with
CKLB because we offer the most unique radio
programming available in the Territories
..................We're like part of the family!

Here at CKLB we present a great mix of music.
From contemporary and traditional Aboriginal
music to country. We also have daily insightful
interviews from the communities and live special
event broadcasts. All this is done in one of the
six languages we broadcast in. The six languages
that we broadcast in are:

English,
North Slavey (Sahtu),
South Slavey (Deh Cho),
Denesuline
(Chipewyan),
Gwich'in,
Tlicho

Please call us anytime for further information

867-920-2277

Request lines: In Yellowknife -

1-867-920-2566

and toll-free from anywhere
in North America -

1-877-217-2552

The Online Audio Library is designed and organized
as virtual library : powerful databases and internal
search engines supported by audio streaming servers
allows you to quickly search, locate and retrieve
the specific audio file you are looking for.
It could be an interview with an elder recorded many
years ago, or public figures within political, social
and economical enviornments.

The Online Audio Library is a PERMANENT AND FREELY
ACCESIBLE INTERNET RECORD not only for NWT rresidents
or Canadians but also for anyone in the world
interested in Northem culture, traditional lifestyle
and special northem events and meetings. The audio
files are streamed to your computer. You can freely
listen to the audio file free of any charge but
cannot download the file. All files are property of
NCS and protected by Canadian Copyright Act.
If you wich to purchase a copy of any audio file
please contact us and we will make the necessary
arrangements.

<http://www.ncsnwt.com/audiolibrary.html>

Native Communications Society of the NWT

#4 Lessard Drive
Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2G5
Phone: 867. 920. 2277
Fax: 867. 920. 4205

Email:

[hidden email]
Executive Director Dane Gibson

[hidden email]
Radio Director William Greenland

[hidden email]
NCS TV Bob Ellison

[hidden email]
Sales and Marketing Manager Andreas Tesfaye