MEDICARE LEARNING NETWORK

Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:12:08 -0400
From: Clarann Hull <[hidden email]>
To: DAVID P. DILLARD <[hidden email]>
Subject: MEDICARE LEARNING NETWORK

MEDICARE LEARNING NETWORK

Located in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the
Medicare Learning Network is a brand name for official CMS national
provider education products designed to promote national consistency of
Medicare provider information developed for CMS initiatives. The Network
plays a key role in furthering the Agency's culture of responsiveness.
Most importantly, we are here to help you!

Medicare providers are often faced with uncertainty when it comes to
keeping up with changes in Medicare policy. This is especially true since
the passage of the Medicare Modernization Act - one of the most sweeping
changes to affect the Medicare Program in its history. While policies are
communicated through different media and by various parties, it is still
hard to determine "How does this apply to me?" The Medicare Learning
Network aims to solve that problem by providing a variety of training and
educational materials that break down Medicare policy into plain language
with actionable tips to use in your day-to-day work.

The Medicare Learning Network uses a variety of mechanisms, such as the
Internet, national educational articles, brochures, fact sheets, web-based
training courses, and videos, to deliver a planned and coordinated
provider education program. The Network uses these different mechanisms to
provide educational opportunities that accommodate the healthcare
professional's busy schedule, with the least amount of disruption to
normal business functioning. Our goal is to provide you with timely,
easy-to-understand educational materials to accompany the release of new
or revised Medicare Program policies.

<http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MLNGenInfo/>

Claire Hull, RN, CCM, CLNC

919-858-0417

www.thejerklnc.com

"Where preparation meets opportunity"

Certified Lexis Nexis

Certified Case Soft

Researcher- Toxic Exposures

Certified Legal Nurse

Certified Case Manager

" There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an
impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy,
and a tragedy" Twain

.