INDOOR GARDENING QUESTION: Indoor Mung Beans

INDOOR GARDENING QUESTION: Indoor Mung Beans

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: bones288 <[hidden email]>
To: Indoor Gardening and Urban Gardening
     <[hidden email]>
Subject: Indoor Mung Beans

Hello,

I'm hoping this is the correct place for my question but when you try
to find helpful information about LED grow lights and indoor gardening
it's difficult to find anything other than websites dedicated to
growing pot.  :(

Here's my question:  for several months I've been trying to raise mung
beans in out back room under red and red/blue LEDs.  The plants grow
beautifully but when the 4 sprouts I'm raising grow to full height,
the stems flower, the bean pods begin to take shape, and then
subsequently fall off.

Any ideas of why my bean pods keep falling off?  The soil uses one of
those 'aqua globes' for moisture so I don't believe that to be the
problem but I don't discount it either.  Do flowering bean pods need
additional moisture?  The latest pod reached all of 3/4" before
dropping off so I had some fairly high hopes that this wouldn't happen
for the 3rd time like this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bones