Finding News Sources and News on the Internet: Some Tips

Finding News Sources and News on the Internet: Some Tips

Finding News Sources and News on the Internet: Some Tips

With the deminuation of Google News from a thirty-five year archive of news reports from a large and diverse body of news sources to a very limited
group of sources covering a limited group of sources, finding free news sources on the internet has become a more difficult task.

Finding News Sources and News on the Internet: Some Tips : Using Science News as the Example

Go to Google News and limit your search to the Science section of that news source using the science link on the left sidebar.

Also, in Google News and Google to get different mixes of news topics and reports, in Google News on can search site: science (both) and in Google
search both science and site:news  and also science and site : news

Here are the results to these searches via links in the order they were mentioned.

Google News

https://tinyurl.com/ycx6p2qc

Google Web Search

https://tinyurl.com/y9ejvx46

Content Sample

About 1,050,000 results (0.47 seconds)
May 9, 2018 - We are paying particular attention to the science and technology (S&T) component of the EPA budget because of the fundamental role that ...
The Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division plays a central role in the research, teaching, and outreach
of the University both because its intellectual domains are evolving rapidly. ... Wednesday, May, 02, 2018 ​At KAUST, the Visual Computing ...
Valeriya Chernikova, Ph.D. Graduate – Chemical Science. Valeriya Chernikova's talent was obvious at a young age. At only 15 years old, she was invited to ...
Apr 7, 2018 - Once again, I'm brooding over science's limits. I recently posted Q&As with three physicists with strong opinions on the topic--David Deutsch, ...
May 14, 2018 - Science and technology have developed rapidly in China during the 1990s to 2010s. The Chinese government has placed emphasis through ...

Another Search

https://tinyurl.com/y9uo9wwb

Content Sample

About 1,870,000,000 results (0.79 seconds)
Sep 22, 2017 - Go beyond flashy headlines and daily news with websites that are ... Below are 12 of our favorite science sites that we think should be on ...
Science News online features daily news, blogs, feature stories, reviews and more in all disciplines of science, as well as Science News magazine archives ...
Jul 30, 2013 - The other science news sites commended by RealClearScience, in descending order, were: Ars Technica, New Scientist, Popular Science, ...
Breaking science news and articles on global warming, extrasolar planets, stem cells, bird flu, autism, nanotechnology, dinosaurs, evolution -- the latest ...
Scientific American is the essential guide to the most awe-inspiring advances in science and technology, explaining how they change our understanding of the ...
The Sciences · ‎Mind · ‎Health · ‎Tech
Breaking science and technology news from around the world. Exclusive stories and expert analysis on space, technology, health, physics, life and Earth.
Awe-inspiring science reporting, technology news, and DIY projects. Skunks to space ... to climates. That's Popular Science, 145 years strong. ... Latest News ...
Latest News; Career News ... More Daily News .... The strength of Science and its online journal sites rests with the strengths of its community of authors, who ...
Get the latest science news and learn about scientific breakthroughs and discoveries from around the world. See how science is making today's news.

All of my guides including guides on how to search databases, statistics sources, how to research and write term papers and on public health, these can be found here:

Research Guides

Also in Google search

"science news"

https://tinyurl.com/yc4f6s7b

In using the site: command, without a space afterward, this will only search the name of a Google database,
which news is.  Without the space, any term or phrase is fair game, such as "physics news" in Google

https://tinyurl.com/yatbdvab

Also the database Access World News is an invaluable news resource if your institution subscribes
to this commercial and expensive database.

These methods will also help teachers of science courses to keep up with a broad range of developments
in science or whatever else one wants to know about as well as publications online that are news sources.

Since every discipline in science uses computers in their research, my new research guide on
Computer Science and Information Science may be helpful to teachers and their students and for
students those in both high school and college.

Computer Science and Information Science

http://guides.temple.edu/compsci

All of my guides including guides on how to search databases, statistics sources, how to research and
write term papers and on public health, these can be found here:

Research Guides

Research Paper Writing
https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/

Employment