FOX NEWS : SEXUAL HARRASSMENT : BILL O'REILLY: I Worked under a Serial Sexual Harasser. I Know the Real Reason Bill O'Reilly was Fired.

FOX NEWS : SEXUAL HARRASSMENT : BILL O'REILLY: I Worked under a Serial Sexual Harasser. I Know the Real Reason Bill O'Reilly was Fired.

FOX NEWS :

SEXUAL HARRASSMENT :

BILL O'REILLY:

I Worked under a Serial Sexual Harasser.
I Know the Real Reason Bill O'Reilly was Fired.

I Worked under a Serial Sexual Harasser.
I Know the Real Reason Bill O'Reilly was Fired.

Its not about sexual harassment. Its about finances.

Updated by David DeKeyser

April 21, 2017, 8:50am EDT

Vox

http://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/4/21/15374376/
sexual-harassment-oreilly-american-apparel-dov-charney

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/k9wtzd6

Ive been following the news about Bill OReilly and his recent firing
intently. The story of a serial harasser who leveraged his workplace power
over the people around him is familiar to me.

.

So is the one where the culture of the company allows him to weather the
storm around the multiple public lawsuits he was forced to settle, only to
be fired when the financial pressure becomes too much to bear. Only in my
situation, the accused was proud of what he did. Thats because I worked at
American Apparel under its founder and CEO, Dov Charney.

.

Charneys sexual transgressions have been widely documented at this point.
Weve all heard the stories of him sending explicit texts and emails to
multiple employees, or about the trove of graphic videos and photos of
Charney having sex with employees and models saved on a company computer.
I can only confirm that these kinds of stories were traded by employees
for a long time at the company.

.

But Charney cultivated this environment early on. Workers were vaguely
told upfront to expect an unconventional work culture  which largely
translated to sexual in nature. In order to get hired, employees had to
send headshots and full-body photos of ourselves to management. It was
widely known that Charney had sexual relationships with plenty of women at
the company.

.

In light of the recent news of the Canadian clothing company Gildan buying
American Apparel and its decision to shutter every retail location, I sat
down and thought about everything I went through. For most of it I was in
my early 20s, new to New York, and working enough overtime to enjoy a
pretty good life. I came away from my 18 months at American Apparel with
plenty of stories, which I still tell today.

.

When I talk about them, my friends remember what the store and company
represented. How brazen it was about almost everything. Weve spent nights
Googling the most disgusting and offensive ads American Apparel ever put
out. We talk about how the company was hit with harassment case after
harassment case, but none of it mattered until Charney started to become a
problem for the companys bottom line.

.

There are big differences between the American Apparel harassment
accusations and what happened at Fox News with OReilly. For one, even
though Charney was a fairly high-profile executive, he had nowhere near
the fame and popularity OReilly enjoyed as a host on a national news
network. Charney was also the CEO and completely in charge of the company
until he was terminated in 2014.

.

Still, there are important similarities  both men were high-powered
figures with multiple harassment cases against them, and both men were not
punished for it until they became financial liabilities. Both Fox and
American Apparel had cultures of sexual harassment cultivated by powerful
men at the top of the food chain. These cultures were widely reported and
discussed as an open secret, yet the men at the center of the charges were
protected.

.

When I look back at my time at American Apparel, I begin to understand how
it was possible that this kind of behavior persisted  it was created by
the men at the top.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
[hidden email]
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING

EMPLOYMENT

INTERNSHIPS

HOSPITALITY

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557

INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIGITAL-SCHOLARSHIP
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
http://guides.temple.edu/copyright-plagiarism

Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives