ENVIRONMENT GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE: CLIMATE CHANGE DECEIT : ENVIRONMENT GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE : CLIMATE CHANGE DENIAL : DISINFORMATION : UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBERTARIANISM : RACISM : BIGOTRY : EXTREMISM : HATE GROUPS : INTOLERANCE : DONALD TRUMP : BLATANT FALSEHOODS : SERIAL LIARS : REPUBLICAN WAR ON WOMEN : RAPE CULTURE : SEXISM : NEO-NAZIS : KU KLUX KLAN : RELIGION: CHRISTIANS: RELIGIOUS RIGHT : VIOLATIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION : MEDIA SUPPRESSION : LEGAL ISSUES : REPUBLICAN OBAMACARE REPEAL : MEDIA : FREEDOM OF THE PRESS : CENSORSHIP : POLITICS: VOTER SUPPRESSION : DICTATORSHIPS : OLIGARCHIES : FAKE NEWS : MENTAL ILLNESS: An Interview Suggests Trump Doesn't Know What's in his Health Bill

[...]

Either the president doesnt understand the proposal  or isnt telling the
truth about it.

Updated by Sarah Kliff

April 30, 2017, 5:30pm EDT

Vox

https://www.vox.com/2017/4/30/15492354/trump-ahca-interview

President Trump gave a lengthy interview Sunday morning to CBS John
Dickerson about the Republicans health care plan.

.

His responses to basic questions  like what provisions the bill includes
or how it would change the health insurance system  suggest he either
doesnt understand how the American Health Care Act works, or doesnt want
to tell the truth about it.

.

Dickerson is the first journalist I have seen grill Trump on what,
exactly, is in the Republican plan. He isnt asking about the politics of
the bill and whether it will pass. Rather, he focuses on what are arguably
basic questions: what elements are in this bill, and what do you think of
them?

.

Trump stumbles. He says that people with pre-existing conditions will be
protected. Under the latest amendment to the American Health Care Act  the
one that got the Freedom Caucus on board  they wont be. He says that
deductibles will go down under the Republican plan. Non-partisan analysis
expects deductibles would go up.

.

The health care plan that Trump described on Face the Nation is not the
one that the Republican party has offered. His answers suggest an
unfamiliarity with basic policy details of a plan that has been public for
nearly six weeks at this point  a plan that his administration has pushed
Congress to pass.

.

His answers on CBS suggest that, if he actually read the Republican bill,
he would find it sorely disappointing  and at odds with his health care
goals.

.

Trump says the updated GOP plan protects people with pre-existing
conditions. No, it doesnt.

.

Much of the Trump interview centers on Trump claiming that new changes to
the Republican health care bill will protect people with pre-existing
conditions. In fact, its exactly the opposite: an amendment to the AHCA
introduced this week would give states authority to let insurers charge
sick people higher premiums.

Dickerson starts with a relatively simple question that is basically: how
will this bill help your supporters? Here is Trumps response:

.

Pre-existing conditions are in the bill. And I just watched another
network than yours, and they were saying, "Pre-existing is not covered."
Pre-existing conditions are in the bill. And I mandate it. I said, "Has to
be."

.

The first iteration of the Republican bill, introduced in the House on
March 6, kept Obamacares protections for people with pre-existing
conditions. But a new amendment introduced this week to win Freedom Caucus
support changes all that. It caves to conservatives demand that to
deregulate the insurance industry and let health plans once again use
pre-existing conditions to set premium prices.

.

It creates waivers that states can use to let health insurers charge sick
patients higher premiums, a practice outlawed under current law.

.

Trump knows there were changes to the bill. But he gets them backwards,
insisting that the updates strengthen protections for sicker patients:

.

This bill is much different than it was a little while ago, okay? This
bill has evolved. And we didn't have a failure on the bill. You know, it
was reported like a failure. Now, the one thing I wouldn't have done again
is put a timeline. That's why on the second iteration, I didn't put a
timeline.

.

But we have now pre-existing conditions in the bill. We have -- we've set
up a pool for the pre-existing conditions so that the premiums can be
allowed to fall.

.

Trump is describing the evolution of the Republican plan backwards. The
protections for those with pre-existing conditions have gotten weaker, not
stronger. It sounds like Trump may be confusing pre-existing conditions
with high risk pools  which an amendment last month would have provided
$15 billion more in funding for  but its hard to tell.

.

Eventually, Trump becomes insistent that any bill he signs with protect
people with pre-existing conditions. He appears to throw cold water on
that new amendment, the one that won over the support of the Freedom
Caucus. He describes it as in one of the fixes and that its currently
changing:

.

snip

.

Topics also Covered in This Article:

.

Trump says things are in the Republican health care bill that arent true

Trumps lies matter because voters will believe them

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
[hidden email]
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING

EMPLOYMENT

INTERNSHIPS

HOSPITALITY

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557

INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIGITAL-SCHOLARSHIP
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
http://guides.temple.edu/copyright-plagiarism

Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives