ENVIRONMENT GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE: CLIMATE CHANGE DECEIT : ENVIRONMENT GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE : CLIMATE CHANGE DENIAL : DISINFORMATION : UNITED STATES: POLITICS: POLITICAL PARTIES: REPUBLICAN PARTY, TEA PARTY : INDUSTRIES: PETROLEUM : LIBERTARIANISM : RACISM : BIGOTRY : EXTREMISM : HATE GROUPS : INTOLERANCE : DONALD TRUMP : BLATANT FALSEHOODS : SERIAL LIARS : REPUBLICAN WAR ON WOMEN : RAPE CULTURE : SEXISM : NEO-NAZIS : KU KLUX KLAN : RELIGION: CHRISTIANS: RELIGIOUS RIGHT : VIOLATIONS OF THE CONSTITUTION : MEDIA SUPPRESSION : LEGAL ISSUES : REPUBLICAN OBAMACARE REPEAL : MEDIA : FREEDOM OF THE PRESS : CENSORSHIP : POLITICS: VOTER SUPPRESSION : DICTATORSHIPS : OLIGARCHIES : FAKE NEWS: Bernie Sanders: 'This Is Exactly What We Mean When We Talk About Oligarchy'

[...]

Lorraine Chow

EcoWatch

http://www.ecowatch.com/koch-pruitt-epa-lobbying-2379773655.html

Despite the numerous controversies and vocal opposition swirling around
President Donald Trump's pick to head the U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA), Senators voted 52 to 46, largely along party lines, in
February to confirm Oklahoma Republican Scott Pruitt as EPA administrator.

.

It now appears that Koch Industriesthe oil and gas conglomerate owned by
billionaire brothers Charles and David Kochdirectly lobbied Congress to
confirm Pruitt and spent millions to influence anti-environmental
initiatives, a disclosure report shows.

.

As The Intercept reported:

.

"The firm's latest disclosure form reports that its in-house corporate
lobbying team spent $3.1 million to influence lawmakers over the first
three months of the year on a variety of issues affecting its bottom line,
including the EPA's Clean Power Rule on carbon emissions, carbon pricing,
the Clean Air Act and 'nominations for various positions at the Department
of Energy.'"

.

"This is exactly what we mean when we talk about oligarchy.
Multi-billionaires and corporations should not have the power to pick and
choose who is in charge of our federal agencies," Vermont Sen. Bernie
Sanders said in response to The Intercept's report. "But that is exactly
what happenedKoch Industries spent millions on lobbying Congress to
confirm Scott Pruitt, our head of the Environmental Protection Agency who
doesn't believe in environmental protection."

.

Koch Industries has contributed $38.5 million to federal candidates over
the last 25 years and spent another $117 million since 1998 on lobbying.
DeSmog reported in February that the company's deep pockets are
contributing campaign funds to four GOP representatives who have
introduced legislation to completely abolish the EPA.

.

Sanders, who grilled Pruitt during the confirmation hearings, has been
outspoken in his criticism of Pruitt as well as the Trump administration's
generally dismissive attitude towards climate change.

.

"It's clear that Trump doesn't represent working families. His agenda
benefits the Koch brothers and their billionaire [friends]. Our job is to
stand together to defeat the drift toward oligarchy and create a vibrant
democracynot one controlled by corporate interests," Sanders said.

.

Pruitt has reported ties to the fossil fuel industry and he repeatedly
sued the EPA when he was Oklahoma Attorney General.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
[hidden email]
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING

EMPLOYMENT

INTERNSHIPS

HOSPITALITY

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
http://guides.temple.edu/c.php?g=134557

INDOOR GARDENING
https://groups.io/g/indoor-gardening

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

PUBLIC HEALTH RESOURCES INCLUDING EBOLA

STATISTICS SOURCES RESEARCH GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/statistics-sources

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/DigitalScholarship/threads
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIGITAL-SCHOLARSHIP
https://digitalscholarshipandscholarlypublication.wordpress.com/

Copyright Research Guide
http://guides.temple.edu/copyright-plagiarism

Fair Use
http://guides.temple.edu/fair-use

Blog
https://educatorgold.wordpress.com/

Articles by David Dillard

http://tinyurl.com/78a4shn

Twitter: davidpdillard

Temple University Site Map

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
http://tinyurl.com/o4pn4o9

Rail Transportation

INDOOR GARDENING

SPORT-MED

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU
Temple University Listserv Alert :
Years 2009 and 2010 Eliminated from Archives