DOMESTIC TERRORISM : ALT-RIGHT : MARTYRDOM : CRIME AND CRIMINALS: MURDER HOMICIDE : HATE : AMERICAN NAZIS : KU KLUX KLAN : RACISM : FACISM : WHITE SUPREMACY : WHITE SUPREMACISTS : DONALD TRUMP : REPUBLICAN PARTY : AMERICAN TALIBAN: Charlottesville Terrorism Exposes Alt-Right American Taliban in Our Midst

[...]

Too many hear 'Make America Great Again' as 'its okay to hate again.'
Reagan knew a president must fight homegrown hate with the fury of Gods
own thunder.

Montel Williams, Opinion contributor

Published 6:00 a.m. ET Aug. 14, 2017

Updated 7:03 a.m. ET Aug. 14, 2017

USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/14/charlottesville-
terrorism-exposes-alt-right-american-taliban-montel-williams-column/
563401001/

.

A shorter URL for the above link:

.

http://tinyurl.com/y7bdmt5o

We face an existential threat from within in the form of the so called
alt-right, which in reality is a loose confederation of Nazis, racists,
bigots and anti-Semites. We ought to call them what they are: the American
Taliban.

.

The ominous nature of what happened in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday
cannot be understated or ignored. Some have said there arent words, but
there are words, some that cant be printed in the newspaper. These events
should shock our national conscience and lead us all to pause in sober
reflection. Joe Biden put it well when he tweeted, There is only one side.

.

Few things unite Americans these days, and Im increasingly convinced the
survival of democracy depends on a collective meditation on how we got to
a place where we seem to have a president who calculates his response to
an act of terrorism so as to not alienate the alt-right and its allies. We
should remember that his self-described counterterrorism adviser,
Sebastian Gorka (whose academic credentials with respect to terrorism are
dubious at best), went on right wing radio last week to argue white
nationalists arent a threat in order to justify a policy that pretends the
only terrorist threat this country faces comes from jihadism.

.

At times like these, its important to tell the truth. The truth is that we
didnt get to a place where white supremacists laid siege to an American
city and carried out an ISIS style vehicular attack because of Donald
Trump. This segment of society has always existed, but only on the
margins. What Trump has to own is that he won election by elevating white
nationalists off the margins and treating the alt-right as if it were a
legitimate political movement. Similarly, I think those who voted for
Trump have to reflect on the fact that theyve given their support to a
candidate who cant afford to lose the support of neo-Nazis, white
supremacists and anti-Semites.

.

Again, in times of crisis, facts must win out over emotion. As a black
American who grew up during Jim Crow, I understand the anger and the fear
that so many are experiencing today. And as a Reagan conservative, I think
its important to hold up Republicans who got it right yesterday and showed
political courage. Sen. Ben Sasse called the alt-right utterly revolting.
House Speaker Paul Ryan called white supremacy a scourge and called for
its terrorism to be confronted. Sen. Ted Cruz, whom Ive often criticized,
wrote a must-read Facebook post which is both a devastating rebuke of hate
and bigotry and a powerful affirmation of the principle of equality,
possibly soft-launching a 2020 presidential run. Not surprisingly, the
most devastating rebuke came from Sen. John McCain, who called out the
alt-right as traitors.

.

This is a dark time in our history. Nearly a half million brave Americans
died as a direct result of the global fight against fascism in World War
II. Id encourage my fellow Americans to reflect on that. The alt-right and
its propaganda arms like Breitbart, like the Daily Stormer and others,
cannot be allowed to take us back to the kind of ideology that cost on the
order of 60 million lives in World War II. Let us remember the terrible
pictures of the concentration camps, let us all remember the horrors of
apartheid South Africa  those are the end results of differing degrees of
this kind of bigoted thinking, full stop.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
[hidden email]
http://workface.com/e/daviddillard

Net-Gold
https://groups.io/g/Net-Gold
http://net-gold.3172864.n2.nabble.com/

AND Discussion Group Directory
http://tinyurl.com/ngda2hk

OR

FAKE NEWS
https://sites.google.com/site/fakenewsresearchguide/

RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
https://sites.google.com/site/howtowriteasuperresearchpaper/

EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/employmentsources/

INTERNSHIPS
http://tinyurl.com/2f9x2wp

TOURISM RESEARCH GUIDE
http://tinyurl.com/ycko9hqj

DISABILITIES AND EMPLOYMENT
https://sites.google.com/site/disabilitiesemploymentresearch/

Educator-Gold

K12ADMINLIFE

Social Work and Social Issues Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/social-work

Tourism Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/Tourism

Digital Scholarship Discussion Group